Shalom and Happy New Year from Chosen People Ministries! We are praying that 2018 will be an amazing year of hope and promise! We are excited about reaching Jewish people with the Gospel in new ways in the New Year.
We have developed some powerful new ministries in the United States and abroad including:
- More than twenty workers in Israel
- Centers in Jerusalem, greater Tel Aviv, Galilee
- Children’s summer camp programs
- A ministry among Holocaust survivors
- A Hebrew Language Isaiah 53 campaign and video testimonials
Also, I am proud to report that our work in the “other Holy Land,” Brooklyn, continues to grow.
- The five boroughs of New York City are home to more than two million Jewish people and have the highest concentration of Jewish people in the world outside of Israel.
- Five years ago, we did not have a presence in Brooklyn, but by God’s grace—and the support of our generous Chosen People Ministries extended family—we are now ministering in the heart of Orthodox Jewish Brooklyn!
- Here is an encouraging comment from Robert W., our Brooklyn branch director:
Recently we met with Sarah,* a former Hasidic woman living in Brooklyn. She has walked by our Feinberg Messianic Center building countless times, often enraged by our presence, but, through friendship, the Lord began to soften her heart. We met with her, prayed with her, and rejoice to share that Sarah has prayed to receive Jesus as her Messiah!
Evangelical Attitudes Toward Israel
This past summer, Chosen People Ministries, along with Joel C. Rosenberg, helped design and support a survey conducted by LifeWay Christian Resources called “Evangelical Attitudes Toward Israel.” The results were released in early December at a press conference held in Washington, D.C. The survey results were discussed by The Jerusalem Post, Jewish News Service, The Forward, The Times of Israel, CBN.com, Christianity Today, Religion News Service, and forty-plus news outlets.
- We were happy to see that 69 percent of the respondents are positive towards Israel, though that number seems to be going down among younger Christians.
- When asked about the modern rebirth of the State of Israel in 1948 and the re-gathering of millions of Jewish people to Israel, 80 percent of respondents said these events were fulfillments of Bible prophecy that show we are getting closer to the return of Jesus Christ, and 20 percent said these were simply interesting geopolitical events.
- Sixty-six percent of evangelicals believe that Israel’s existence, security, and prosperity are things they should support.
- On the other hand, 23 percent of Bible-believing Christians said that the Palestinians should be allowed to create their own sovereign state, while 31 percent disagreed, and 46 percent were not sure! That is a massive amount of uncertainty for such a crucial question.
President, Chosen People Ministries
P.S. We have created a beautiful pictorial book about Israel that contains original photographs from Lawrence Hirsch, our Australian director, and professional photographer. We would like to send this to you as a thank you for your gift of $100 or more. In fact, all of the pictures in this letter are from the book!
For a gift of $100 or more, we would like to give you a beautiful pictorial book about Israel that contains original photographs from Lawrence Hirsch, Executive Director of Celebrate Messiah Australia.
I Found Shalom – Sam Nadler
I Found Shalom – Emily Emmanuel
I Found Shalom – Matt Kaplan