For a patriarchal society that greatly valued tradition, family, legacies, and birthrights, the ancient Israelites had something of a spotty track record when it came to fatherly relationships. Yet it also seems that the picture the Bible paints of these (and many others) less-than-stellar-fathers is juxtaposed with the picture of God, the perfect Father.
All participants should understand and agree to the following:
1. This is a short-term ministry opportunity, not a part-time or full-time Chosen People Ministries staff position.
2. Each participant accepted for the program applied for is responsible for raising his or her own funds to cover the cost of the program. Funds sent by a third party can not be considered as personal gifts to an individual, but according to IRS regulations for non-profit organizations, funds received are designated to the particular program.
3. The cost of the program does not include transportation while in the USA to get to the city where the program
commences. All funds for the program must be paid before the program starts.
4. Each participant is required to release Chosen People Ministries from any potential legal liabilities, both personal
and property, arising from or during this program.
5. Chosen People Ministries does not provide health insurance coverage for persons participating in the program. Participants are responsible for their own health insurance coverage.
6. While on the program, all participants must conduct themselves according to Biblical standards and cultural norms (i.e., pure language, attitude respectful of others, no substance abuse, chaste behavior, and appropriate dress and talk), applying themselves to learning, and to serving the Messiah. Chosen People Ministries reserves the right to send you home, at your cost, if these behaviors are not met.
7. You agree that photographic images that are taken of you during the program can be used for advertising and promotion purposes in social and print media by Chosen People Ministries.
CHOSEN PEOPLE MINISTRIES DOCTRINAL STATEMENT OF FAITH
We believe in:
1. The Divine inspiration, infallibility, and authority of the Old and New Testaments.
2. The Triune God: God the Father, God the Son Messiah, God the Holy Spirit.
3. The Deity of Messiah Yeshua (Jesus) as the only begotten Son of God, His sacrificial blood atonement, His bodily resurrection from the dead and His return.
4. The lost condition of every person who does not accept salvation by faith in the Messiah Yeshua.
5. The necessity of presenting the Gospel to the Jewish people and all people.
We at Chosen People Ministries believe that salvation for both Jews and Gentiles is available only through Jesus and His finished work (John 14:6; Acts 4:12). Read the rest of our doctrinal statement. This month, we are featuring three special articles on the topic “Is Jesus the only way?”
By Ben Volman Many of us who grew up in Jewish homes were told, “It’s impossible for God to become a man.” Indeed, the second commandment forbids Israel to fabricate an image of any living thing for worship (Ex. 20:4). But the issue is much more profound. How does God promise to be present with […]
God’s work through the history of the Jewish people is an integral part of His plan for all creation. This Bible study will strengthen your faith and could also serve to inspire your small group fellowship to pray for Chosen People Ministries’ staff members and volunteers as they carry out the Biblical mandate for Jewish […]
Have you ever heard a marvelous piece of news that left you thunderstruck and open-mouthed with amazement? Those in the presence of John the Baptist must have experienced exactly that as they listened to his words recorded in John 1:29: “Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!” But what […]
The four cups of Passover are an integral part of the Passover celebration. They stand for each of the four promises the Lord makes to His people in Exodus 6:6-7. The Cup of Sanctification “I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians.”
Have you been wanting to tell your Jewish friend what Jesus means to you, but perhaps not known where to start? Then read this page, for a set of practical suggestions on how to present Messiah to your Jewish friend…