Answering Jewish Objections to Jesus, Volume 1
General and Historical Objections
When it comes to Jewish Christian apologetics, the best answers are those that respond to actual objections. Incisive and direct, this book provides an honest, fair, and thorough discussion of 35 common objections, such as:
- No religious or educated Jew would ever believe in Jesus.
- Messianic Judaism, or Hebrew Christianity, is just one big deception.
- If Jesus is really the Messiah, why isn’t there peace on earth?
- Christians have always hated and persecuted the Jewish people.
Believers and seekers alike will appreciate Brown’s spiritually focused answers, which are thoroughly documented and footnoted.
Answering Jewish Objections to Jesus, Volume 2
Dr. Michael Brown looks at real questions and real answers, formed by years of dialogue with rabbis and religious Jews. Some objections include:
- Jews don’t believe in the Trinity. We believe in one God, not three.
- God doesn’t have a son.
- The Christian concept of salvation is contrary to the Hebrew Bible and Jewish tradition.
- Jews don’t need saving.
- Jews don’t believe in a suffering Messiah.
Answering Jewish Objections to Jesus, Volume 2 shows how New Testament teaching on the nature of God and the divinity of the Messiah is in harmony with the Hebrew Scriptures, how blood sacrifices joined with repentance were the heart and soul of the Torah’s system of atonement, and how Yeshua fulfilled a lofty Jewish concept, bringing atonement to the world through his death.
Answering Jewish Objections to Jesus, Volume 3
Messianic Prophecy Objections
Using the Hebrew Bible, rabbinic texts, and the New Testament, Dr. Michael Brown provides thorough answers to nearly forty objections regarding Jesus as the Messiah.
- The Torah doesn’t speak of Jesus at all!
- This verse has absolutely nothing to do with your Jesus. It’s not even a messianic prophecy.
- As for the real messianic prophecies, Jesus fulfilled none of them.
Volume 3 looks specifically at questions raised about messianic prophecies in Isaiah, Daniel, Psalms, Haggai, and Zechariah. It’s an invaluable resource for seekers and for anyone wanting to point students of the Torah to Jesus.
Answering Jewish Objections to Jesus, Volume 4
New Testament Objections
Jewish people commonly raise objections to Christianity based on the New Testament, and Answering Jewish Objections to Jesus, Volume 4, explains the Christian response to thirty-four such objections. In volume 4, Dr. Brown addresses issues such as how the New Testament quotes and interprets the Old Testament, the historical accuracy of the New Testament, apparent contradictions in the Gospels and the rest of the New Testament, pagan influences on Christian teachings, and whether Jesus abolished the Torah. Objections include:
- The Gospels portray a mythical Jesus. There is very little that we can really know about his life.
- The New Testament is anti-Semitic.
- Anyone who changes the Law is a false prophet. That applies to Jesus!
With detailed responses based on careful research of the Hebrew Bible, Rabbinic text, and the New Testament, Brown thoroughly and respectfully answers these objections and invites Jewish seekers to consider the possibility that the new covenant they have been waiting for is already here.